Durham Community Land Trustees (DCLT) is a community land trust that builds strong communities by developing, managing, and advocating for permanently affordable housing. DCLT offers residents with low and moderate incomes a stable foundation for achieving economic security in Durham, NC.
DCLT’s goal is to avoid displacement for vulnerable individuals and families who want to live in a neighborhood with bus service near jobs, schools, parks, services, and public facilities downtown.
To us, there is no single issue greater than affordable AND WORKFORCE housing.
We believe in Community
- The majority of our board of directors are neighbors, homeowners, and residents.
- We develop and manage homes for sale and for rent because our neighbors demand both.
- We prioritize relocating our current residents when needing to rehab their homes, and selling to our residents whenever possible.
We believe in Equity
- We build strong partnerships with the city of Durham and other nonprofits to develop special needs rental housing that can provide safe and affordable homes to individuals living with disabilities.
- We also build affordable houses for veterans and seniors.
We believe in Sustainability
- We renovate properties in partnership with residents and local, regional, and national organizations to create tangible improvements for the community.
- We construct energy-efficient homes to reduce tenants’ utility bills dramatically.
View our current career opportunities below. Click apply online to read the full job description and requirements before applying.
Durham Community Land Trustees (DCLT) is seeking candidates with experience in housing and development. The Director of Real Estate Development (RED) is a member of the Executive Management team and…
What’s unique about the community land trust is that it is controlled by and accountable to a board of directors comprised of 1/3 land trust residents (R), 1/3 community representatives (C), and 1/3 public representatives (P).
- Lucia Constantine
- Buddy Amis (Treasurer)
- Tony Ginyard
- Jennifer Carroll
- Theresa Turner (Gov’t Seat)
- Charlie Ebel
- Rochelle Araujo (President)
- Antoine Freeman
- Monica Edwards
- Oscar Hall
- Donna Myers, Secretary
- Latondra Jeter
- Laura Friederich
- Ja-Quisha Frazier